1. Disease-resistant microorganisms. In vitro test showed that the extract of Cortex moutan had a strong inhibitory effect on Staphylococcus aureus, streptococcus hemolyticus, Escherichia coli, Dicoccus pneumoniae, and Vibrio cholerae, and had certain anti-influenza virus effect.
2. Anti-myocardial ischemia. Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract can reduce the injury degree of experimental myocardial ischemia, decrease the oxygen consumption of the myocardium and increase coronary flow. The extract of Cortex moutan can regulate blood circulation and dredge blood circulation, so it has a protective effect on myocardial ischemia.
3. The results showed that the anti-inflammatory mechanism of the moutan cortex was multiplex, including direct antagonism against inflammatory mediators, inhibition of leukocyte migration, and inhibition of prostaglandin E2 biosynthesis.
4. Protect the liver. Paeonol can significantly antagonize alcoholic liver injury. Further studies showed that the mechanism of action was related to inhibiting hepatocyte apoptosis, decreasing the levels of inflammatory factors in serum and liver tissues, and lipid peroxidation in tissues.
5. Reduce blood glucose. The blood glucose of normal mice could be significantly reduced by the administration of 100,400 mg/kg polysaccharide by intragastric administration. 200,400 mg/kg intragastric administration can significantly reduce glucose-induced hyperglycemia in mice.
6. Regulate immune cells. Moutan cortex also has analgesia, sedation, spasmolysis, antipyretic and other central effects, anti-atherosclerosis, diuresis, anti-early pregnancy, inhibition by adenosine diphosphate induced platelet aggregation, and other effects.