Rhodiola is a traditional Chinese medicine with a wide range of effects. It is also known as Rhodiola rosea, Saul Marble, etc. It is a perennial herb of the sedum family Rhodiola. It has the effects of invigorating qi and promoting blood circulation, clearing the pulse and relieving asthma. It has a therapeutic effect on blood stasis, chest pain and heartache, stroke and hemiplegia, fatigue and asthma.
Pharmacological effects of Rhodiola rosea
1. Two-way regulation: human health depends on the balance of the environment in the body, that is, the balance of yin and yang. Rhodiola can mobilize all positive factors in the body, and has a two-way regulating effect of supplementing and reducing excess. By self-regulating the human metabolic system, circulatory system, nervous system, endocrine system, immune system, etc., the body can reach the best state. , to restore the body's blood pressure, hemoglobin, hemoglobin, blood sugar, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular functions to normal levels.
2. The effect on the nervous system: It can effectively eliminate people's tension, balance the central nervous system, improve sleep and irritability or depression, improve energy, and enhance memory. It can refresh the mind, reduce the error rate, improve the efficiency of work and study, and prevent Alzheimer's disease.
3. Anti-fatigue effect: Rhodiola has a cardiotonic effect, which can increase the duration of normal activities of the brain and body, and prolong the load capacity of brain nerves and body muscles. It can enhance the utilization rate of oxygen, reduce the content of lactic acid and acetone in the blood, and reduce the oxygen consumption of muscles. When overworked, it can accelerate the decomposition of fat and protein to increase the transfer of energy, and after overwork, it can increase the reserves of muscle glycogen and liver glycogen.
4. Anti-radiation and anti-tumor effects: salidroside can effectively improve the transformation rate of T-lymphocytes and enhance the vitality of phagocytes, enhance immunity, inhibit tumor growth, increase white blood cells, resist microwave radiation, and treat cancer patients. After radiotherapy and other diseases, it has a good auxiliary rehabilitation effect.
5. Anti-hypoxia effect: All things in life need oxygen, so hypoxia is the source of all diseases. Rhodiola can reduce the oxygen consumption rate of the body, improve the brain's endurance against hypoxia, and at the same time increase the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood, increase the body's disease resistance, and enable the diseased tissue to recover quickly.
6. Effect on human smooth muscle: Asthma is caused by smooth muscle spasm. Rhodiola can effectively relieve smooth muscle spasm and regulate intestinal smooth movement. It has obvious effects on asthma, bronchitis, phlegm, constipation and other diseases. preventive effect.
7. Effects on rheumatoid and rheumatoid arthritis: Arthritis is caused by the three evils of wind, cold and dampness. A large number of clinical trials have proved that Rhodiola can drive wind, resist cold and eliminate pain, especially for joint swelling. Significant swelling and inhibition.
8. Anti-aging effect: Rhodiola can delay cell aging, improve the activity of SOD in the body, inhibit the formation of intracellular lipofuscin and reactive oxygen species, enhance cell metabolism and synthesis, and improve cell vitality. In addition, it also has the effect of beautifying skin care.
9. Enhance sports endurance: Rhodiola has always been a special product for sports, which can improve or maintain the endurance of athletes during competition or training. Animal experiments have shown that after taking Rhodiola rosea extract, mice can significantly prolong long-distance swimming time and stimulate the synthesis or resynthesis of adenosine in mitochondria. This high-energy molecule synthesis is the main energy source for most cellular functions, and is also indispensable for exercise and respiration.
10. Anti-diabetic effect: In traditional medicine, Rhodiola is also used for diabetes treatment. The experiment used mice as subjects to test the glycemic index, enzymes and some antioxidant activities of Rhodiola on the control of type 2 diabetes. Experiments show that Rhodiola rosea extract can effectively reduce blood sugar and accelerate antioxidant activity. It is suggested that Rhodiola may have a certain effect on the prevention of hyperglycemia.
11. Anti-asthmatic effect: It is clinically shown that Rhodiola can significantly fight against pneumonia and asthma. It is effective for allergic asthma. Generally, adults can use 15 to 30 grams per day depending on the condition, decoct in water, and take a course of treatment for half a month. The course of treatment can be increased as needed.
12. Anti-cancer effect: Some reports point out that Rhodiola has anti-cancer and anti-mutation capabilities, and the anti-cancer mechanism lies in the control of cell growth cycle and apoptosis. A 2006 study found that Rhodiola can inhibit the division process of HL-60 blood cancer cells and reduce their chances of survival. In addition, Rhodiola can directly inhibit the growth and spread of lung cancer cells.
Applicable people of Rhodiola
1. The effect on low immune function is to strengthen the body and strengthen the body to adapt to elderly patients, hypertension, neurasthenia, menopausal syndrome, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, high altitude disease, increase appetite, and promote sleep.
2. For professional and long-term people who work with computers, Rhodiola has effective radiation protection and improves personal immunity.
3. Rhodiola has the effect of enhancing cerebral blood flow, improving immunity and improving work efficiency.
4. People who enter Tibet and other plateau areas for the first time can start using it one month in advance to improve their physical fitness and enhance cardiovascular relief from altitude sickness caused by hypoxia.